Level 2 Certificate in
Falls Prevention Awareness
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of falls and their prevention which will allow them to progress into, or within, employment in healthcare or social care settings
The objective of the qualification is to allow learner’s to gain knowledge and understanding of:
• the impact and consequences of a fall
• risks and hazards which contribute to falls
• reducing the risk of falls.
The qualification also covers the importance of recording and reporting any incidence of falls to ensure that interventions can be put in place to reduce risk and reoccurrence of falls.
This qualification is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare or social care environment, particularly those that support, or have contact with, older people who have an increased propensity to falls.
The qualificaction is made up of four mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Falls in context
• Unit 02 Understand the risk factors and causes of falls
• Unit 03 Falls assessment and prevention
• Unit 04 Managing falls.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in healthcare or social care.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care