Level 2 Certificate in
Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in, or who are already working with, people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles. The objectives of this qualification are to prepare learners for employment and to support a role in the workplace where the individual may work or interact with people with learning disabilities. This is primarily for those within healthcare and social care but may also be useful to those working in education or housing support roles.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
• Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare